My Blog List

Monday 1 December 2014

Elizabeth - Golden Age

In a recent lecture, we watched the film 'Elizabeth Golden Age'. It was released in 2007. It is about Queen Elizabeth facing a number of crises' during her ruling of the nation.

I am going to review this film and talk about the costume's worn, relation to my contemporary design and the comparisons of the hair and makeup to my own final design.

Throughout the film, Elizabeth the Queen herself wears many different beautiful and classy hair accessories along with a heart shape hairstyle with a frizzy texture. This is very similar to my own design as I have created a heart shape hairstyle at the front of the head along with a modern head chain to sit in between the heart shape. The texture of my hair design is not frizzy, it is a straight backcombed messy look to make it feel more contemporary.

Queen Elizabeth always looks elegant with her pale skin. My 'New Elizabethan' choice was Paloma Faith and I feel she relates perfectly with her pale white, clear complexion. Elizabeth is also seen to wear a lot of gold's and silvers throughout the film. I have transferred these glamorous colours into makeup instead of clothing or jewellery.

The clothing worn throughout the film by Elizabeth is always ruffled with tight corsets, but nothing looks provocative. Paloma Faith is similar in some ways as she is not the type of celebrity to show off herself in a sexual or attention seeking way.

http://cdni.condenast.co.uk/592x888/o_r/pfaith_gl_24may12_rex_b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment