My Blog List

Saturday 6 December 2014

Extreme Contouring

In one of my lesson's today, we were taught how to do 'Extreme Contouring'. In a simpler way of explaining it; it is the same way in which you would apply a natural contour but it is applied heavier upon the face and blended out more to accentuate the model's features a step further.

Here is an example from the demonstration our teacher did which was very impressive. She created it very quickly and made it look ever so easy.

Once we had been shown a demonstration of how to create this look, we were given the opportunity to create this ourselves. I thought it would be rather easy but I was wrong. It was difficult to get the contouring in the right position to start with.

Once I had the positioning where I wanted it, I then applied the products. I am not happy with my overall outcome. It look very rushed and unfinished. The contouring requires so much more blending which I will be sure to practise on in the future to get it perfect.

I am happy I have practised it and realised it is not as easy as it looks. Next time, I will take more care in applying the products and blending it out nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment